Letter from Dr. Lo
Dear Parkview Wesleyan Family,
March 10 is Mother’s Day.
Pastor Jeremy and I would like to suggest the following for that day. Governor Holcomb has ‘loosened up’ the restricHons regarding worship services. His office has recommended minimum health protocols for churches to follow if they decide to have ‘in-person services’.
Because of this, we are planning the following for services on May 10th.
There will be two services that day. One will be at 9:00am and the second one will be at 10:30am.
For this to happen we present the following guidelines to you, based on what our governor presented on May 1st :
IN-PERSON SERVICE- HEALTH PROTOCOLS- PARKVIEW WESLEYAN CHURCH – MAY 10:
• We recommend that those who are 65 and above or who have an underlying at-risk health condition stay home and watch the service online.
• To ensure there will be 6 feet between individuals or family units of the same households during services, there will be designated places to sit.
* THE DESIGNATED AREAS WILL BE MARKED OUT
* WE PLAN TO USE ALTERNATING ROWS WHEN POSSIBLE
* AN USHER WILL SHOW YOU WHERE YOU CAN SIT
• Between the first and second service the sanctuary will be disinfected. Pews and high contact areas
will be wiped down with disinfectant wipes.
• Hand sanitizers will be placed at different locations in the church, especially at high-contact locations (e.g. bathroom, entry, exit). We will be asking those entering the ‘church’ to sanitize their hands.
THERE WILL BE A TABLE PLACED IN THE FOYER, NEAR THE ENTRANCE DOORS WITH HAND SANITIZER ON IT FOR YOU TO USE.
• If you have a face covering do feel ‘free’ to wear it during the service.
• We will be implementing non-contact greetings and farewells.
• We will not be handing out bulletins.
• We will not be having Children’s Church or Sunday School for the time being.
• We want to establish safe protocols for the collection of tithes and offerings.
INSTEAD OF PASSING OFFERING PLATES DOWN EACH PEW, WE WILL BE PLACING THE OFFERING PLATES AT DIFFERENT LOCATIONS IN THE CHURCH FOR US TO PLACE OUR TITHES/OFFERINGS
To ensure we stay within governmental guidelines, we want to keep our attendance for each service on May 10th at a maximum of 50 worshippers.
To ensure this happens we are going to ask you to sign up for which service you would like to attend. The worship team is planning to be there for both services.
We realize that there will be some of you who will not be able to attend physically, either one of the services. Knowing this, the service can still be accessed on Facebook, You Tube, or our website.
Here are instructions on how you can sign up for the service you will be attending:
Sign up on the website on the homepage for either 9:00 or 10:30 service. You can also email or text Pastor Jeremy to let him know what service you will be attending.
Looking forward to worshipping with you on Mother’s Day,
PARKVIEW WESLEYAN CHURCH